What’s new with Hackley Public Library? We have a new online catalog for searching titles, plus a brand new mobile app! Not to mention, HPL’s Summer Reading program is right around the corner. Scroll below for details on these updates!
Summer Reading Program will run from June 14 – August 14
FREE for all ages to participate in!
*You do NOT need a library card to participate.
Participants will be able to read and complete activities, and have the chance to get cool prizes!
Signing up for Hackley Library’s SRP will be fun and easy! To register, you’ll visit HPL’s Beanstack website, or download the app! You’ll also use that site to track your reading and activities.
To download the App:
- Go to Google Play or the App Store
- Type in and search ‘Beanstack’
- Download Beanstack Tracker by Zoobean, Inc.
- Click open, and get started!
Hackley Library has a brand new online catalog for searching items, as well as a fun and easy mobile app!
To view HPL’s online catalog, or the Lakeland Library Cooperative catalog as a whole, visit hackleylibrary.org and search for titles in the search bar.
To customize and login to the new online catalog, visit hackleylibrary.org’s main page. At the top right, click “Login with My Library Card.” Then select “Click Log In/My HPL” and then “Log In/Register.” Continue to Account Setup, where you can set up a personalized MyHPL account. Here you can create a username, view your checkouts and due dates, renew items, place holds, customize lists, share reviews on items, and more!
To use the new mobile app, go to your phone’s app store and search “Lakeland Library Cooperative.” Click to install and open the app, follow a few steps to access your account, and start searching!
Feel free to reach out with any questions!
Circulation Desk: 231-722-8000 | Information Desk: 231-722-8011
Main Library Building Hours:
Monday & Tuesday: 10-7 pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 10-5 pm, Friday & Saturday: 10-2 pm
Browse the following sections at HPL!
- New Books (located in the Julia Hackley room)
- New DVDs
- Magazines (on the nonfiction stacks second floor)
- Large Print (nonfiction section)
- DVD collection
- Nonfiction DVDs are located in the nonfiction section first floor)
- Music CDs (on the nonfiction stacks second floor)
- Young Adult collection (located in the Julia Hackley room)
- Youth Services bookstacks (upstairs in the YS department)
- Browsing time is limited to 15 minutes.
- Please limit groups to a maximum of three people while browsing together.
- Hold requests that are made in-person are limited to 3 items.
- Staff can retrieve up to 3 items at one time.
Computers are available to use:
- To reserve a computer, visit hackleylibrary.org or call 231-722-8012 during open hours.
- When visiting only for computer use, please arrive within 5 minutes of your reservation time.
- Walk-in guest passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
(Website) hackleylibrary.org | (Phone) 231-722-8000 | (Email) [email protected]
Main Library Building
Returning Items – Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop.
Access to Public Computers – Public computer usage will be by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8012 during open hours, or by stopping in the Library during open hours. Walk-in computer usage will be available with the use of a Guest Pass, on a first-come, first-served basis (while computers are available).
Browsing – Browsing is now available in many areas of the Library!
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available – Patrons are able to browse many sections of the library, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse many sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
3. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does not require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
4. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
5. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services – HPL’s YS department is open for craft kit pick-up, holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts and browsing the bookstacks.
*HPL’s Youth Services dept. computers and activity areas remain closed at this time.
Local History & Genealogy Department – Torrent House
Access to Public Computers- Public computer usage will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (Torrent House hours are 10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Microfilm – The Microfilm reader is available by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Great news! Hackley Public Library is fines free!
Hackley Public Library is no longer charging fines for overdue Hackley Library materials.
It is always a good idea to return items on or before the due dates, keeping in mind that due dates may differ depending on the format of the materials.
*Please note that overdue fines charged by other libraries for items borrowed on interlibrary loan or through MeL lending libraries will be charged and collected for payment to the owning library.
*Lost or damaged items will continue to be charged.
Hotspots are available to borrow from Hackley Library!
Did you know? HPL has Hotspots for patrons to borrow! If you’re interested in using the internet but don’t have access, this user-friendly Hotspot can provide Wi-Fi internet access for your devices. For more details, or with questions, call 231-722-8000 or stop in Hackley Public Library. *Hotspot borrowers must have a Hackley Public Library card.
Please continue to check back for news and updates on this page.