Main Library Building – Browsing is open:
- New Books (located in the Julia Hackley room)
- New DVDs
- Magazines (on the nonfiction stacks second floor)
- Large Print (nonfiction section)
- DVD collection
- Nonfiction DVDs are located in the nonfiction section first floor)
- Music CDs (on the nonfiction stacks second floor)
- Young Adult collection (located in the Julia Hackley room)
- Youth Services bookstacks
- Browsing time is limited to 15 minutes.
- Please limit groups to a maximum of three people while browsing together.
- Hold requests that are made in-person are limited to 3 items.
- Staff can retrieve up to 3 items at one time.
- For safety purposes, please visit the library only for library-related purposes.
Computers are available to use:
- To reserve a computer, visit hackleylibrary.org or call 231-722-8012 during open hours.
- When visiting only for computer use, please arrive within 5 minutes of your reservation time.
- Walk-in guest passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
(Website) hackleylibrary.org | (Phone) 231-722-8000 | (Email) [email protected]
Main Library Building
Returning Items – Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop.
Access to Public Computers – Public computer usage will be by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8012 during open hours, or by stopping in the Library during open hours. Walk-in computer usage will be available with the use of a Guest Pass, on a first-come, first-served basis (while computers are available).
Browsing – Browsing is now available in many areas of the Library!
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available – Patrons are able to browse many sections of the library, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse many sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
3. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does not require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
4. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
5. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services – HPL’s YS department is open for craft kit pick-up, holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts and browsing the bookstacks.
*HPL’s Youth Services dept. computers and activity areas remain closed at this time.
Local History & Genealogy Department – Torrent House
Access to Public Computers- Public computer usage will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (Torrent House hours are 10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Microfilm – The Microfilm reader is available by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Tax Information Update:
- Federal tax forms and instruction booklets are available to be picked up.
- State tax forms, including the home heating credit, are available to be picked up.
- City Tax forms are available to be picked up.
Forms are currently available online through the IRS website. Feel free to take a peek below for more information.
Great news! Hackley Public Library is fines free!
Hackley Public Library is no longer charging fines for overdue Hackley Library materials.
It is always a good idea to return items on or before the due dates, keeping in mind that due dates may differ depending on the format of the materials.
*Please note that overdue fines charged by other libraries for items borrowed on interlibrary loan or through MeL lending libraries will be charged and collected for payment to the owning library.
*Lost or damaged items will continue to be charged.
Hotspots are available to borrow from Hackley Library!
Did you know? HPL has Hotspots for patrons to borrow! If you’re interested in using the internet but don’t have access, this user-friendly Hotspot can provide Wi-Fi internet access for your devices. For more details, or with questions, call 231-722-8000 or stop in Hackley Public Library. *Hotspot borrowers must have a Hackley Public Library card.
Please continue to check back for news and updates on this page.