Hackley Public Library remains open with limited services!
Browsing remains open:
- HPL’s Julia Hackley room (New Books & New DVDs, Young Adult).
- Fiction, Large Print, & Audiobooks sections.
- Youth Services bookstacks.
Added safety precautions:
- Browsing time is limited to 15 minutes.
- Please limit groups to a maximum of three people while browsing together.
- Hold requests that are made in-person are limited to 3 items.
- Staff can retrieve up to 3 items at one time.
- For safety purposes, please visit the library only for library-related purposes.
Computers remain available to use at this time:
- To reserve a computer, visit hackleylibrary.org or call 231-722-8011.
- Walk-in guest passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When visiting only for computer use, please arrive within 5 minutes of your reservation time.
HPL’s Torrent House remains open at this time. Call 231-722-8016 ahead of time for more information.
HPL’s Main Building hours: 10 AM – 2 PM, Monday through Saturday.
Local History & Genealogy (Torrent House) hours: 10 AM – 2 PM, Tuesday through Friday.
hackleylibrary.org | 231-722-8000 | [email protected]
Main Library Building
Returning Items – Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop.
Access to Public Computers – Public computer usage will be by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8009 during open hours, or by stopping in the Library during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Monday through Saturday). Walk-in computer usage will be available with the use of a Guest Pass, on a first-come, first-served basis (while computers are available).
Browsing – Browsing is now available in certain areas of the library, including the Julia Hackley Room (New Books and New DVDs), Fiction section, Large Print section, Audiobooks section, and the Youth Services bookstacks.
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available – Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the library, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
3. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does not require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
4. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
5. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services – HPL’s YS department is open for craft kit pick-up, holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts and browsing the bookstacks.
Local History & Genealogy Department – Torrent House
Access to Public Computers- Public computer usage will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Microfilm – The Microfilm reader is available by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
*HPL’s non-fictions bookstacks remain closed at this time. HPL’s Youth Services dept. computers and activity areas remain closed at this time.