Hackley Public Library remains open with limited services!
Browsing remains open:
- New Books & New DVDs
- Fiction & Audiobooks sections
- DVD collection
- Julia Hackley Room (Youth Adult collection)
- Youth Services bookstacks
Added safety precautions:
- Browsing time is limited to 15 minutes.
- Please limit groups to a maximum of three people while browsing together.
- Hold requests that are made in-person are limited to 3 items.
- Staff can retrieve up to 3 items at one time.
- For safety purposes, please visit the library only for library-related purposes.
Computers remain available to use at this time:
- To reserve a computer, visit hackleylibrary.org or call 231-722-8011.
- Walk-in guest passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When visiting only for computer use, please arrive within 5 minutes of your reservation time.
HPL’s Torrent House remains open at this time. Call 231-722-8016 ahead of time for more information.
HPL’s Main Building hours: 10 AM – 2 PM, Monday through Saturday.
Local History & Genealogy (Torrent House) hours: 10 AM – 2 PM, Tuesday through Friday.
hackleylibrary.org | 231-722-8000 | [email protected]
Main Library Building
Returning Items – Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop.
Access to Public Computers – Public computer usage will be by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8009 during open hours, or by stopping in the Library during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Monday through Saturday). Walk-in computer usage will be available with the use of a Guest Pass, on a first-come, first-served basis (while computers are available).
Browsing – Browsing is now available in certain areas of the library, including the Julia Hackley Room (New Books and New DVDs), Fiction section, Large Print section, Audiobooks section, and the Youth Services bookstacks.
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available – Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the library, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
3. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does not require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
4. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
5. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services – HPL’s YS department is open for craft kit pick-up, holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts and browsing the bookstacks.
Local History & Genealogy Department – Torrent House
Access to Public Computers- Public computer usage will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
Microfilm – The Microfilm reader is available by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 231-722-8016, or by stopping in the Torrent House during open hours (10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday).
*HPL’s non-fictions bookstacks remain closed at this time. HPL’s Youth Services dept. computers and activity areas remain closed at this time.
Tax Information Update:
- Federal tax forms and instruction booklets are available to be picked up.
- State tax forms, including the home heating credit, are available to be picked up.
- City Tax forms are available to be picked up.
Forms are currently available online through the IRS website. Feel free to take a peek below for more information.
Great news! Hackley Public Library is fines free!
Hackley Public Library is no longer charging fines for overdue Hackley Library materials.
It is always a good idea to return items on or before the due dates, keeping in mind that due dates may differ depending on the format of the materials.
*Please note that overdue fines charged by other libraries for items borrowed on interlibrary loan or through MeL lending libraries will be charged and collected for payment to the owning library.
*Lost or damaged items will continue to be charged.
Did you know? You can browse sections of Hackley Library!
HPL is open! Browse HPL’s New Books & New DVDs, and take a peek at our Fiction and Audiobook sections. Don’t forget! You can also browse the book stacks in HPL’s Youth Services department! If you’d like to borrow DVDs from our regular collection, or items from our Large Print or Non-fiction sections, feel free to ask an HPL staff member! We can help find the titles you’re looking for and retrieve those items for you. We hope to see you soon at Hackley Library!
For current services available, as well as for updates, please visit hackleylibrary.org and click on the “NEWS” page.
Hotspots are available to borrow from Hackley Library!
Did you know? HPL has Hotspots for patrons to borrow! If you’re interested in using the internet but don’t have access, this user-friendly Hotspot can provide Wi-Fi internet access for your devices. For more details, or with questions, call 231-722-8000 or stop in Hackley Public Library. *Hotspot borrowers must have a Hackley Public Library card.