- Help for Homeowners Facing the Loss of Their Home This site discusses steps to take when you may unable to pay the mortgage on your home. Topics include contacting your lender, talking to a housing counseling agency, prioritizing debts, and exploring loan workout solutions (such as forbearance or mortgage modification). Includes comments about predatory lending schemes, and a link to a list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies by state. From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (LII).
- Bankruptcy from Martindale
- BarChart.com Stock quotes, charts, investment planning tools.
- Big Charts investment research site, with research tools.
- Business Dicitionary over 20,000 business-related definitions. (RB)
- CNN Financial News
- Debt Collection Practices: When Hardball Tactics Go Too Far Fact sheet for consumers that explains the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other laws that apply to debt collectors. Includes information about how to stop calls from collectors ... to dispute a collection action ... your right to privacy, and how debt collection efforts may affect your job, your credit report, even information in your medical files. Includes links to related sites. From the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse. (LII)
- Debt Recovery Information
- Dow Jones Interactive Learning Center ...a place to learn about the Dow in all its glory, ranging from pieces of trivia to a nice historical timeline. (SR)
- Financial Times on line
- Free Credit Help for consumers. A consumer advice blog for people who wish to improve their credit scores, reduce their debt, etc. The Consumer Credit Help blog serves as a Q&A tool, through which consumers may ask home buying and credit-related questions.
- Investopedia: 20 Investments Brief discussions of the strengths, weaknesses, and uses of 20 investment options. Topics include annuity, common stock, corporate bond, life insurance, money market, mortgage-backed securities, municipal bonds, mutual funds, real estate and property, treasuries, and zero-coupon securities. From Forbes. (LII)
- The Investor's Clearinghouse from the Alliance for Investor Education an effort to facilitate a greater understanding of investments and the financial markets among current and prospective investors of all ages. (SR)
- Investor Protection Trust check here for non-commercial investor education materials.
- Investment Adviser Public Disclosure The Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) has just announced a new Website that allows users to look up information about SEC- and state-registered investment advisor firms. (SR)
- Investor Words
- Market Research Search for market information. Overviews and abstracts are free, market reports are for sale.
- Mortgage Loan.com information on loans and refinancing.
- Fool.com Quotes/Data Stock quotes from the Motley Fool
- My Money make more-informed decisions about personal finances using this site put together by the Financial Literacy and Education Commission. (RT)
- NASDAQ Newsroom
- NASDAQ Trader
- NASDAQ Quotes
- Options Trading Information
- Retire Online. It's so easy! an online retirement application that can be completed in as little as 15 minutes.
- The SEC Mutual Fund Cost Calculator The Mutual Fund Cost Calculator enables investors to easily estimate and compare costs of owning mutual funds. (LII)
- SmartMoney.com news, information, and advice (LII)
- Smart About Money from the National Endowment for Financial Education
- Mutual Fund Information from CNN and Money
- Yahoo Finance Stock indices, market news, personal finance information.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- IRS: Tax Forms Need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download.
- I Can Efile Efile your Federal Tax for free and print your State Forms for mailing
- H and R Block Tax Info includes tips and information
- Hieros Gamos international tax coverage in 5 languages.
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Resources useful tools, tips, and financial resources.
- Michigan EIC Information Learn about the Earned Income Tax Credit
- MoneyCentral Questions and answers with a tax attorney, discussion group, and tax articles
- Money Magazine brief articles on how to talk to a tax preparer, among other things
- National Association of Enrolled Agents lists of tax representatives
- Quicken.com excellant for individuals.
- Tax Prophet articles on tax topics
- Tax Analysts articles and information geared to professionals.
- Tax and Accounting Sites Directory federal tax information, state tax information, federal tax law, very well organized
- tax.org: Tax Information Worldwide - State, national, and international tax information. (LII)
- Tax Lawyers
- Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) Updated IRS Site. This site gathers information about the IRS.
- Will Yancey's Home Page Will is an accountant and includes editorial content in addition to links