|Law Resources and Judical Branch Links:
- ABA LawInfo.org [.pdf] A good place to start for easy-to-understand, basic legal information.
- American Law Sources Links to online sources of American Law
- Bankruptcy Attorneys from Attorneys.com
- Child Custody Attorney from Attorneys.com
- Constitutional Law Center features an easy-to-read guide that leads visitors through historical documents, biographies, and Supreme Court decisions.
- Court Rules, Forms, and Dockets for state and federal courts. This site has many different ways of searching.
- Criminal Defense Attorneys from Attorneys.com
- Defend Your Data -- ACLU. This site includes background info, ideas for protecting your privacy, and form letters to report violations.
- DUI Attorneys from Attorneys.com
- Family Law resources at FindLaw
- Family Law from Lawyers.com
- FindLaw Consumer Law Center
- FindLaw for the Public lots of new content including a variety of state-specific legal content and expanded general legal content. (RB)
- Findlaw Forms [.pdf] Findlaw has recently launched an extremely useful free site that offers almost 8,000 state and federal court forms in .pdf format.
- USLegalForms.com Provides numerous general information resources including legal definitions, law digests, attorney directory, and links to free forms.
- FindLaw Small Business Center
- The Guide to Law Online Created by the US Law Library of Congress for the Global Legal Information Network (GLIN), this metasite indexes online resources for legal information worldwide. (SR)
- Immigration Attorneys
- Internet Library of Law and Court Decisions one of the web's foremost case digests, providing in-depth analysis of over 460 court decisions affecting those who do business on the Internet.
- Justia.com : provides free case law, codes, regulations, statutes, and legal information - also blogs, alerts, opinion summaries, federal dockets - all searchable - The experts at Justia excel at providing open source, reliable, and wide ranging access to the law.
- Landmark Supreme Court Cases Developed by Street Law and the Supreme Court Historical Society, this website was developed in order to provide teachers with a full range of resources and activities regarding such cases. (SR)
- JURIST's Paper Chase provides up-to-date legal news for lawyers, legal scholars, law students, and those with a general curiosity about the law. (SR)
- Law and Politics Internet guide This metasite of law and political resources is designed for legal professionals, academics, and the general public. (SR)
- Law Dictionary
- LawGuru.com A resource for free legal information
- Law Help.org LawHelp helps low and moderate income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, and answers to questions about their legal rights. (LIB)
- Law Library of Congress Home Page Information on the holdings and the Law Library Building. (SR)
- Law News Network A free service of American Lawyer Media, Law News Network is an Internet-only current awareness resource for legal professionals, journalists, policy makers, or anyone else interested in breaking legal news.
- Law School.org this site helps you find a law school to attend.
- Legal Engine This metasite is a useful starting-point for any search for online legal information
- Legal Information from Lexis/Nexis
- Legal Information Institute From Cornell University. This site has links to, among other things, US Code, US Constitution, Code of Federal Regulations, and historic Supreme Court decisions.
- Glossary of Legal Terms from Lawyers.com
- lexisONE [.pdf, Word, WordPerfect, Flash 4, HotDoc]. The site is composed of three principal sections: Free Case Law, Free Forms, and Legal Internet Guide.
- Medical malpractice attorneys
- MeL Law and Legal Resources
- Meta Index for US Legal Resouces Search a variety of US legal indexes.
- Michigan Legal Help was created to help people who have to handle simple civil legal problems without a lawyer. There are articles you can read to learn about a specific area of the law and toolkits to help you prepare to represent yourself in court. Some forms are completed automatically once you answer simple questions.
- Michigan Online Legal Help Center The Michigan Online Legal Self-Help Center, compiled and launched by the State Bar’s Libraries, Legal Research, and Legal Publications Committee, provides the public with links to general articles on finding legal help; locating Michigan law libraries; researching law; and to other general Michigan law websites. (RT)
- Online Legal Research from LexisNexis
- Public Library of Law PLoL is the largest free law library in the world, because we assemble law available for free scattered across many different sites -- all in one place. PLoL is the best starting place to find law on the Web. (LH)
- Real Estate Attorney
- Skip Tracing from LexisNexis
- State and Local Governments on the Web links to governments.
- Stateside Legal Legal help for military members, veterans and their families.
- Traffic Violations
- United States Code The first seven titles of the 2000 code are available. (SR)
- Web Guide to U.S. Supreme Court Research A selection of annotated links to the most reliable, substantive sites for U.S. Supreme Court research. The sites mentioned here focus predominantly on information that is freely, or inexpensively, available on the Internet. (LII)