- Business.com business search engine and business directory.
- Business Law
- CCH Business Owner's Tookkit ready to use business tools including model business documents, financial spreadsheet templates, business forms.
- FindLaw Small Business Center help for starting a small or home business
- GlobalBX.com a free business for sale listing exchange with 1000s of businesses for sale, business brokers, and franchise opportunities.
- How-To Guides from Work.com. The site offers a series of guides on typical small business topics: employee issues, management topics, money and finance, sales and marketing, business plans, start-up information, etc. In looking at some of the guides, I think that I would safely recommend this resource to users coming in looking for small business resources. (LIB)
- Business Plans and Profiles Index 'This site provides lists of types of small businesses and a corresponding sample business plan, profile or book about the business with sources provided after each entry. ... If the plan or profile is online, a link is provided. Browse by subject, such accounting, air transportation, baby products, bars, bookstores, and much more. Also includes a bibliography and links to related sites. From the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. (LII)
- Michigan Business and Jobs Gateway lists of sites compiled by MeL
- Mind Your Own Business Welcome to Mind Your Own Business, where you can find the links to turn your entrepreneurial dreams into reality. Created by the U.S. Small Business Administration and Junior Achievement, this site walks you through five easy steps of business ownership - whether you've just had a brainstorm for your first business venture or you've been at it a few years. So go Mind Your Own Business, and find out about the challenges and rewards of being an entrepreneur. Spotted on the El Dorado County (California) Library What's Hot On the Internet This Week, December 19th, 2005. (RT)
- Mother's Home Business Network
- National Association for the Self Employed
- SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business advice, local chapters, and more to help small businesses. (LII)
- Small Business Administration: Free Online Courses The failure rate of small businesses continues to remain quite high, so those individuals wishing to start such an enterprise may wish to consult some of these free online courses. Offered as a service by the Small Business Administration (SBA), these courses come from a variety of organizations, including Kutztown University and the South-West Texas Small Business Development Corporation. Most of the courses take approximately 30 minutes to complete, and they include such offerings as Starting Your Small Business, Developing a Successful Business Plan, and Building Your Brand. Other courses cover such timely matters as government contracting, risk management, and e-commerce. The site also features links to relevant resources offered by the SBA and courses available in Spanish. (SR)
- Small Business Management A free resource of business management. Guides, worksheets and checklists that cover practically every aspect of small business management.
- Start up Business Info from the Wall Street Journal
- State Small Business Profiles
- Small and Home Based Business Links
- Small Biz Search A search engine for small business resources from Entrepreneur Media
- Small Business Administration lots of information regarding small businesses.
- Small Business Administration-Local Resources
- Small Business Journal Webzine
- Start Up Kits start here if you are thinking of starting a small business. (LII)
- U. S. Chamber of Commerce has useful tools for the small business owner on starting, managing, and expanding a business. In the resources section, there is also a section on International and Trade Programs. (LG)
- Variety Work at Home free website with work at home/telecommuting jobs and home business listings
- Akama Akama is a business directory containing local listings of more than 700 000 USA and Canadian companies. (IRN)
- MichiganAdvantage.org tools for starting and expanding your Michigan business
- Michigan Business Onestop business registration, permits, licenses, check status of taxes and pay taxes, pay fees and find timeframes to get permits and licenses processed.
- Better Business Bureau National Site
- Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan based in Grand Rapids.
- Business.gov : The Business Gateway to Federal Resources Portal for federal government information on business including business development, sources of financial assistance, tax information, laws and regulations, trade assistance, workplace issues, federal acquisition procedures, and relevant forms. A collaborative site managed by the Small Business Administration. (RT)
- Michigan Business Directory dedicated to helping Michigan Businesses gain exposure on the Internet. (RB)
- Business Writer’s Free Library Writing letters or memos in the world of business is an acquired skill, and those beginning to learn about this process will appreciate this site, which was designed by the Authenticity Counseling Company. The helpful resources offered here are divided into several sections, including “General Resources and Advice”, “Basic Writing Skills”, and “Basic Composition Skills”. One other section is worth noting as well, and this is the section titled “Some Types of Correspondence”. (SR)
- Black Enterprise.com information about business, finance, and politics. (LII)
- Business Ethics directory of sites dealing with business ethics. (LII)
- Business Know How hundreds of articles about starting, running, marketing and managing businesses.
- Cogmap a Wikipedia style organizational chart that maps out corporate structures. (DS)
- Core Index find worldwide businesses and business partners among importers, exporters, traders and distributors.
- Entrepreneur Magazine Online includes information about franchises, forms, and industries, as well as an index to back issues.
- Forbes 500
- The Forbes 400 (SR)
- Fortune 500
- Fortune: Best Companies to Work For (SR)
- INC's 5000
- Knowledge@Wharton [.pdf] This new current awareness resource from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School offers the latest business insights, information and research on a bi-weekly basis
- Minority Business Development Agency [pdf] 'the sole federal agency created to foster the creation, growth, and expansion of minority-owned businesses in America. ' (SR)
- Search Engine Optimization Guide learn about what to look for in search engine service providers.
- Process Industry Supplier Registry Manual compilation of process suppliers enabling buyers to easily source manufacturers of process, energy and greater manufacturing products such as valves, pumps and strainers. Site includes new projects, free magazines, jobs, news and events.
- Thomas Regional products and services from 550,000 industrial distributors, manufacturers, and service companies. (LII)
- War, Chaos, and Business: Modern Business Strategy the theories of Colonel John R. Boyd, a US strategist, as applied to business.
- World Business Today-CNN convenient access to the DOW, NASDAQ, FTSE, XETRA-DAX, CAC, NIKKEI, and HANG SENG markets
- Businesses for sale Search thousands of businesses for sale, buy a business for sale, franchise opportunities, and business brokers. Business owners can post an ad to sell their business and business buyers can find businesses for sale.
- Businesses for Sale at http://www.businessbroker.net/
- BizBrokerDirectory.Com Business Brokers, M and A Professionals, Businesses For Sale: A Comprehensive Directory of Business Brokers and M and A Professionals by State and Province. Lists Business Brokers and M and A Professionals in the US, Canada, and Worldwide.
- Bizbuysell Check here if you want to buy or sell a business.
- Business for Sale Buy or sell a business.
- Franchise Handbook franchise opportunities, listed alphabetically
- Franchise Trade Opportunities, Information and Resources
- Selling a Business If you are selling a business, MergerNetwork can help you find more buyers, close more sales, and get higher prices. Placing an ad is free of charge.
- Small Business For Sale and Business Broker Search Engine to Help you Buy A Business, Sell A Business, and Find a Franchise Opportunity. SmartDig is a patented search engine that ensures the best possible search experience for business buyers, business sellers, and business brokers by searching all businesses for sale on the Internet.
- SUNBELT Business Advisors Network ... provides a confidential environment for business buyers, sellers and professionals to meet with trained SUNBELT professionals who can assist them in the purchasing and sale of businesses and franchises.