- Absolutearts.com -- Arts News Service Online
- AskART a database about American artists spanning the 16th to the 21st centuries. (RB)
- ArtMagick.com [RealPlayer] This online art gallery specializes in paintings and poetry from art movements of the 19th and 20th centuries (SR)
- _The Art Newspaper_ 'The _Art Newspaper_ is written for keen exhibition viewers, museum professionals, collectors, artists, and others who are in the game a little while striving to know and show where the power lies in the art world. ' (SR)
- Arts and Letters Daily A daily publication that has reviews, articles, and new book notices in all fields of the humanities.
- Arts Journal: The Daily Digest of Arts and Cultural Journalism Edited by Douglas McLennan, formerly an arts columnist and arts reporter with the _Seattle Post-Intelligencer_ and the _Seattle Weekly_, Arts Journal is a daily digest of some of the best online arts and cultural journalism.
- Sister Wendy's American Collection explores American museum collections. The Website furnishes color images of the works accompanied by Sister Wendy's equally colorful commentary, background on the artists, plus a guide to the six museums featured. (SR)
- Buddhist Art and Architecture from around the world. (LII)
- American Museum of Photography.
- Aperture Gallery Fine Arts Photography from the Aperture Gallery of London.
- Art and Life in Africa (ALA)
- Artcyclopedia: the Guide to Museum-Quality Art on the Internet
- The Cave of Lascaux Created by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, this fine Website focuses on the prehistoric artwork of the famous cave at Lascaux.
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and Material Culture dedicated to the decorative arts in America (SR)
- Jim Crow Museum maintained by Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan.
- The State Hermitage MuseumFounded by Catherine the Great of Russia in 1764.
- Lakeshore Museum Center
- Lost Art Internet Database The site registers cultural goods which were transported or stolen because of persecution, especially of Jewish citizens, as a result of World War II or as a result of National Socialism.
- Louvre Museum
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Muskegon Museum of Art
- San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park
- Smithsonian Museum: Claiming Art | Reclaiming Space: Post Apartheid Art From South Africa
- Tate Gallery Online Home of the national collection of British art from the 16th century to the present day
- George and Martha Washington: Portraits from the Presidential Years From the Smithsonian Institute
- Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies -- Library Of Congress [MPEG, Quicktime, RealPlayer]
- MOWA: Museum of Web Art: preserving the best of the art of the web. This site has galleries of buttons, wallpaper, and other web art.
- MUVA: Virtual Museum of Arts El Pais MUVA, Virtual Museum of Arts, exists only on the Web. In its virtual galleries, the Museum brings together Uruguayan artwork that might otherwise never be seen by the public.
- National Museum of American Jewish History Exhibitions
- The Postal Museum: Exploring History Through Postal Stamps. From the Smithsonian Institute
- Greystone Museum and the Story of Detroit
- Oliphant's Anthem political cartoons by Oliphant, from the Library of Congress
- Museo Picasso Virtual
- Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam's Van Gogh Museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum largest museum of decorative arts in the world
- Web Gallery of Art ...contains over 8,000 digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1150 and 1750 supplemented with commentary on their technique and history.
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Witness and Legacy: Contemporary Art About the Holocaust
- Omniglot a guide to over 200 different alphabets, syllabaries and other writing systems. (LII)
- Local Theater
- American Theater Web
- Internet Broadway Database The official archival database for Broadway theatre information...provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre until today. (LII)
- Justin's Drama and Theatre Links a mammoth directory of theatre links. (BWN)
- Pioneer Drama carries over 500 plays, including musicals, full-length plays, children's theater, melodrama, one act plays, Christmas plays and texts and aids
- Playbill On -Line Theater news, interviews, discounts, theater resources.
- Internet Theater Bookshop Find plays, published in English, both in-print and out-of-print.
- Playwrights on the Web an international database of playwrights and their websites, offering production and publishing opportunities
- eOneill.com: An Electronic Eugene O'Neill Archive online texts, news, biography, upcoming events, etc. (LII)
- Mr. William Shakespeare and the Internet an annotated guide to Shakespearean resources on the Internet.
- Variety the on-line version of Variety, covers the world of entertainment.
- BackStage Online Provides reviews, job openings for writers and directors, and daily casting calls.
- Dramatists Play Service, Inc Database of scripts and performance rights.
- American Variety Stage An anthology of documents on vaudeville and popular entertainment from 1870-1920.
- Perseus Project Greek theater (click on Texts) in Greek and in translation from the Classics Department of Tufts University.
- Broadway Musical Cast Album Database Click on Searching under About this Database for tips.
- Musicals.Net Only 80 Broadway shows are described, but in great detail.
- Gilbert and Sullivan Archive Every thing you wanted to know about Gilbert and Sullivan, including librettos that are in the public domain
- Academy of American Poets
- Ballet Companies There are over 1700 links to companies here, browsable by country while the site itself is searchable by keyword.
- The Best of the Humanities on the Web The National Endowment for the Humanities and the MCI Foundation have created this website in order to bring together some of the best online humanities resources from the world’s great museums, libraries, and universities. (SR)
- Dance Net a search engine devoted to all kinds of dance -- from African Dancing to Zydeco Dancing
- _Esoterica_: The Journal of Esoteric Studies. Esoteric studies looks at how art, literature, science, and religion interrelate.
- Culture Kiosque Ezine, with a European flare, of the arts. May be in any of three languages.
- Godchecker info on Gods and Goddesses in mythology. (RB)
- Encyclopedia Mythica visitors can peruse areas devoted to mythology, folklore, bestiary, heroes, and take a look at some genealogy tables (SR)
- Humanities and Arts Calendar sponsored by the Michigan Humanities Council
- Lost and Found Sound: A Special Radio Series For the Millennium -- NPR [RealAudio]
- Michigan Humanities Council
- Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs
- AskPhilosophers This site puts the talents and knowledge of philosophers at the service of the general public. Send in a question that you think might be related to philosophy and we will do our best to respond to it. To date, there have been 907 questions posted and 1231 responses.
- Philosophy Research Base Check here for a database of Philosophy.
- Pragmatism Cybrary learn more about this theory of philosophy
- The Paideia Project On-Line Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy...online archive of contributed papers
- Voice of Dance: Where Dance Lives Created by Grants for the Arts, the San Francisco Foundation, and _Dance Magazine_, this wonderful site is a thriving community for dance on the Internet, providing dance lovers with a broad range of movement- and dance-related materials.
- Zodiacal Zephyr astrology tools. (LII)