Why let kids have all the fun? Join the Adult Summer Reading Program at Hackley Public Library. For each book you read (or listen to: audio books count too!) you can put your name into a weekly drawing.
The Prizes so far are a 90 minute massage from Keep in Touch Massage; Weird Michigan and Michigan Day Trips from the Lakeshore Museum Center; Pictures of the Best Kind and a family membership to the Muskegon Museum of Art; two sets of two tickets to the USS Silversides and USS MacLean from the Silversides Museum; gift certificates from Lascko Plumbing; Pigeon Hill growler, pint glass, t-shirt, and poster from Pigeon Hill Brewery; Cruise for one from the Port City Princess; a free tour of the LST 393 for a family of four; a gift certificate to Courses/Sweet Spot from the Culinary Institute of Michigan; gift certificates for pizza at Top Shelf Pizza and Pub; gift certificates from Benson Drug; and 3 handmade bowls by Laurie Hieftje, 2 gift certificates to a origami workshop led by Lynnmarie, an art photo of a classic car by Farkes, Petoskey Stone pendant by Linda Goss, 2 pairs of woven earrings and a charcoal portrait by Needra Bucholtz, bead and crystal bracelet, and a stained glass tea light lamp by Ruth Bolles all from the Red Lotus Gallery.
Subway, Lee's Famouse Recipe, Burger King, and Golden Corral also sponsor the program.
The Grand Prize is an Amazon Fire Tablet
See our Facebook Page for pictures of the prizes.
How does it work?
1. Sign up for the program at the Circulation Desk starting on Monday, June 13. The first 200 people who sign up will get a gift.
2. Read or listen to a book (or two or three!) from the Library (eBooks from our collection count!).
3. Fill out a form for each book, indicate the prize you want, and put it in the drawing jar.
4. The last day to enter is August 26
5. Sometime after August 26 we will draw names for each prize, and from all the entries for a grand prize.
Optional: You may write a short review of the book you read that we will post on our website. We will not include your name with the book review.
No reading logs, no minimum number of books to read. Read what you want and as often as you want. The more you read, the better your chances of winning!
Last year over 350 people participated in the program. Be part of the fun!